gthomasandros

ΠΛΑΝΗΤΗΣ ΓΗ.....ΟΣΑ ΔΕΝ ΕΧΟΥΜΕ ΔΕΙ

Προτεινόμενες αναρτήσεις

Duluth Canal Cam

From atop the Lake Superior Maritime Visitor Center in Duluth, these cameras provide one of the most intimate views of Duluth's Aerial Lift Bridge and Shipping Canal. Watch ships from around the world arrive and depart the Twin Ports as they traverse the cold waters of Lake Superior. The cameras are owned by the Corps of Engineers' Lake Superior Maritime Visitor Ce

Μοιράσου το σε άλλες ιστοσελίδες

Royal Gorge Route Railroad – Driver’s Eye View

The ‘Royal Gorge Route’ train carries tourists through one of Colorado’s most amazing natural features, the Grand Canyon of the Arkansas River, known as the ‘Royal Gorge’. In places the canyon is only thirty feet wide, requiring the railway to be suspended above the river on an engineering masterpiece known as the ‘hanging bridge’. For decades passenger trains stopped on the bridge to allow passengers time to alight and wonder at the raging river below and the canyon walls rising 2600 feet above. During the heyday of the line in the 1890’s, four transcontinental passenger trains a day passed through the Royal Gorge. Competition from air and coach transport eventually reduced the service to one train daily between Denver and Salida, even this train was discontinued in 1967. The Rio Grande continued freight services through the gorge until 1989, after which various mergers and acquisitions led to closure of the Tennessee Pass line, including the gorge segment in 1997. Today’s ‘Royal Gorge Route Railroad’ began running trains over a 12 miles (19 km) section in 1998 going on to become a major tourist destination attracting over 100 000 visitors a year. The railway offers a variety of packages from a simple train ride to a delicious full dining option and for something really special it is possible to book a ride in the locomotive alongside the engineer. For further information about the history of this line please click on either of these links -

The Summit of Volcan Licancabur

The top of this incredible 5960 m (19,554 ft) conical volcano marked the finishing point of the Altiplano Route. I had begun my 650 km (404 miles) trek some 16 days before at the Salar de Coipasa, and during the journey had passed through an otherworldly landscape that included multi-coloured lakes, moonscape terrain, the world's largest salt flat, and a multitude of volcanoes. To the best of my knowledge, it was the first time that anyone had put together a long distance hiking route through this truly unique region.

Winter Trains

These video clips were taken during the coldest and snowiest February in decades in the Pacific Northwest. We had planned a nice snowy getaway to the Izaak Walton Inn to get a nice winter get a way since winter this year (2019) had not been much in the Wenatchee, Washington area. November, December and January had ben very warm due to the El Nino effect. Boy, were we in for a big surprise! 
Heavy snow, high winds and bone chilling temps. It adds up to some great train viewing but also some challenges in videoing. 
Snow berms make pulling over while driving difficult, snow grooming meant hours with no trains and then hours with almost to many to count. Not enough time to set up the tripod was the most difficult situation. Many times a handheld shot was all that could be had. My apologies for some of the shaky videos. All in all though, my wife and I had a great time getting the footage for this video with only a bit of frostbite to damper things (cold winds at Cut Bank was the culprit but only on our camera hands). So, we hope you enjoy.

Winter has finally hit the steepest normal gauge railway in northern Europe.
With its gradient of 1:18 (55‰) you can say it can be somewhat challenging if the snow becomes to deep. Thankfully I had two EL18’s at my disposal, with a total of 15.000hp and only four B3 carriages.

The Flåm Line goes from Flåm to Myrdal where it connects to the Bergen Line. Flåm is located 2m (6.5ft) above sea level and Myrdal is located 866m (2841ft) above sea level. The line itself is 20.2km (12.6miles) long.